The mission of IACDL is to preserve the adversary system of justice, to maintain and foster independent and able criminal defense lawyers and to ensure due process for persons accused of crimes.
The IACDL was formed exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes.
- To promote study and research in the field of criminal defense law and the related arts
- To disseminate by lecture, seminars and publications the advancement of the knowledge of the law as it relates to the field of criminal defense practice
- To promote the proper administration of criminal justice
- To foster, maintain and encourage the integrity, independence and expertise of the defense lawyers in criminal cases
- To foster periodic meetings of the criminal defense bar to provide a forum for the material exchange of information regarding the administration of criminal justice and thereby protecting individual rights and improving the practice and procedure of criminal law.